Set within stunningly beautiful Welsh Borders countryside, on the fringes of the Brecon Beacons National Park, the Black Mountains form a magnificent backdrop toÂ Allt Yr Ynys Country Hotel, a converted 16th century manor house offering a comprehensive range of resort facilities.
Following a flood in 2008, the hotelÂ has undergone extensive refurbishment both throughout the public areas and in many of the rooms.
If you seek tranquillity, rest and beauty, then look no further.
Lush lawned gardens lead down to the River Monnow fronting the hotel which, together with the Elizabethan Knot Garden in the walled gardens at the rear of the hotel create a simply perfect venue for your leisure break, conference, wedding or party, as well as for restaurant or informal dining.
Conferences, weddings and civil ceremonies are a speciality at Allt Yr Ynys and can be held in a number of rooms, the most popular being our Jacobean panelled Drawing Room.
- 19 quality en suite bedrooms
- A 16th Century panelled 4-poster suite
- An award winning restaurant
- Conference facilities for up to 100 delegates
- Wedding facilities for up to 250 guests
- Licensed for Civil Wedding Ceremonies
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Covered state of the art clay pigeon shooting range
- Cider Mill public bar
- Elizabethan walled knot garden
- 16 acres of landscaped gardens, pasture and woodland
- A wide range of sports and leisure activities easily accessible from the hotel, including golf, walking trails, horse-riding, fishing, paint-balling, quad-biking, and many others.
The hotel boasts its own indoor heated swimming and sauna and the covered clay pigeon range can be enjoyed by both beginners and experienced shooters.Â We can also arrange fly and coarse fishing on numerous rivers and lakes in the area.
Within easy access of the hotel we offer first class walking (Offaâ€™s Dyke is a stoneâ€™s throw away) and golfers of all standards are well catered for with seven golf courses close to the hotel, including the Celtic Manor Resort, venue for the 2010 Ryder Cup.
For those thrill seekers looking forÂ more active and challenging pastimes, there is horse-riding, caving, cycling, off-road and quad-bike driving, ballooning, hang-gliding, para-gliding and much more.
Allt Yr Ynys is ideal for family and social get togethers and celebrations of anniversaries, special birthdays or just to catch up with friends and relatices.Â Children and pets are most welcome and we offer child friendly facilities as well as special children’s menus.
Click on the link below for a tour of Allt Yr Ynys, its setting and the surrounding area attractions.